The Notre Dame Turbomachinery Laboratory (NDTL) is a gas turbine research and development facility supporting the major OEMs in the aerospace propulsion and power industries. NDTL works on the leading edge of component aerodynamics, structural dynamics, instrumentation, and computational methods. The NDTL team supports the transition of advanced technologies required for the next-generation of gas-turbine engines through early-stage research onto the products of its customers.
At NDTL, we are pushing the boundaries of turbomachinery research and exploring new frontiers of aerospace engineering. We are always looking for creative individuals with unique technical skills and a passion to use them everyday. Are you ready to test the limits with us? If you are the ideal candidate for one of our current open positions or know how you can be the ideal team member in a different role, send your CV or résumé and a cover letter explaining your experience, expertise, and capabilities to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
The test engineer is responsible for the preparation and operation of high-speed turbomachinery test articles, facilities, and related instrumentation. The successful candidate must be familiar with applied research and testing environments. The test engineer will construct, troubleshoot, calibrate, and operate a wide range of instrumentation, software, and mechanical systems to safely acquire high fidelity test data. The test engineer will be in direct contact with a variety of external vendors, internal and external engineers, program managers, and scientists.
Early career opportunities
We are looking for Aerospace or Mechanical Engineers with experience in any of the following areas:
- Mechanical Design
- Engineering Analysis
- Project Management/Project Engineering
- Bachelors’ degree, Master’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years of experience (relevant internships or graduate research will count) in mechanical and aerospace engineering fields
- A record of strong academic performance
- Familiarity with the typical software and tools relevant to the position
- Some industry experience preferred
Experienced engineering professionals
We are looking for Professionals with experience in any of the following areas:
- Mechanical design and drawing process review
- Engineering Management
- Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management
- Engineering Procurement
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering with over 10 years of experience
- Master’s degree in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering with 5-10 years of experience
- For some positions PhD might be preferred
- Expertise and proficiency with the typical software and tools relevant to the position
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff, and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace.